flashing student work gif, goes behind the mask of the loading animation

#FridayForum Executive Creative Directors at 360i

Frank Cartagena & Sam Shepherd

360i forum speakers at the creative circus

Frank Cartagena and Sam Shepherd first paired up at DDB New York in 2012. Their first project together, Hashtag Killer, went on to be ranked as the 5th most awarded campaign that year by the Gunn Report.

The following year, they launched two more highly awarded campaigns called The Drinkable Book and The Four Year Olds Bucket List. The former went on to be named by Time Magazine and Fast Company in their top 25 inventions of the year, while the latter helped Frank and Sam be named as Business Insiders 30 under 30 most creative people in advertising for two years in a row.

From DDB, they moved onto become Creative Directors at Deutsch, launching popular projects like the Venmo Micro Hack for WATERisLIFE and the First Pinterest Yard Sale for Krylon Spray Paint. Although both were highly awarded, the latter brought home Titanium and Integrated Lions at Cannes.

Frank and Sam have worked on almost every type of client sector, ranging from travel to apparel and tech. They’ve served as Group Creative Directors at KBS, leading the work on BMW and Belvedere Vodka. And are currently leading a team of 30 creatives across 10+ clients as Executive Creative Directors at 360i.

As a team, they’ve won gold at Cannes, One Show, Clios, Andy’s, ADC, and D&AD every year consistently for the past seven years across all categories. Their work is in the permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art and has been featured in the Smithsonian and Boston’s Museum of Science.

mobile tablet desktop large desktop huge desktop